by Herbert J. Kellner
PowerProduction Software has released an update for StoryBoard Quick, StoryBoard Quick STUDIO, StoryBoard Artist and StoryBoard Artist Studio to run on Apple’s OS X El Capitan. The release also speeds up image processing and adds updated import for Gorilla Scheduling .xlsx files.
The latest version is also available Windows OS as it also adds the capability to connect to PowerProduction Software’s new mobile apps. The storyboard software line of products now give professionals the ability to work on set, on location and then continue to refine and design on their desktop or laptop.
“We strive to make the ‘idea-generation’ process as easy, flexible and accessible as possible for all our users,” says Paul Clatworthy.
The mobile app for creating mobile storyboards, StoryBoard Quick Direct, is available for iPad, iPhone and Android. The mobile app for viewing storyboard projects created within StoryBoard Quick and/or StoryBoard Artist is available for the iOS. With the additon of the mobile apps, PowerProduction has released new vector characters available in their “Stand-in” character Library.
“We plan to run contests on Facebook and Twitter where we will gift some mobile apps to acquaint new users to our unique and easy method of creating storyboards. Put a camera or cell phone in the hands of a creative filmmaker and every moment of every day offers opportunity for inspiration. Instead of attempting to remember that spark of creativity or jotting down notes, our users can take a picture, add a character, dictate notes and capture the idea…along with the moment and image that inspired it”,” says Clatworthy.
The most widely used script-integrated storyboarding software of its kind, StoryBoard Quick bridges the gap from script to screen, and is an essential element of any film or video production. StoryBoard Quick is ideal for directors and screenwriters who want to improve the quality of their final product through previsualization and storyboards but don’t want to waste time, money, or effort drawing or hiring a storyboard artist.
Complete with pre-drawn graphics, an easy-to-navigate interface, powerful presentation options, and the ability to work well with scriptwriting apps such as Final Draft, StoryBoard Quick offers the fastest and easiest solution for creating amazing storyboards.
StoryBoard Quick Feature Highlights– The Art of Storyboarding. Color-customizable, rotating vector characters and props let users define spatial relationships in their shots and 3D director’s arrows indicate movement for actors and camera.
– Plays Well with Others. StoryBoard Quick allows users to import almost anything into their storyboards: digital photos, script text from any screenwriting program or even text files, scheduling data, and more.
– Show Off Ideas. Print great-looking storyboards or export them as graphic files or a movie.
– Edit and Organize. StoryBoard Quick offers the power to see the whole storyboard project in one view making it easy to rearrange shots, delete frames, insert a missing shot, and jump to frames for lightning-fast editing.
– Storyboards in a Flash and On-the-Go. Export storyboards to Flash for local or web playback, easily export to HTML for full-frame playback, or optimize for viewing on iPhones and other mobile devices.
– The Right Tool. Zoom in, zoom out, rotate around, draw in the storyboard frame with vector tools, and import with alpha channels and mask tools. A new in-frame speech bubble and extra director’s arrows are also included.
This program is outstanding. It offers plenty of bang for the buck. First we thought we might have to devote extra time to learn the application before trying it out. After the quick install and first launch we realized that the interface is intuitive and easy to use. PowerProduction Software has really streamlined the process of storyboarding. Training departments and educational institutions profit from the quality and price at which all the features of StoryBoard Quick are provided.
Pricing and Availability
StoryBoard Quick v6.1 for Mac and Windows is immediately available from the PowerProduction for just $249 or $169 educational. All pricing is in U.S. Dollars.
About Power Production Software
Founded in 1993, PowerProduction Software develops preproduction software for media directors, writers, producers, filmmakers which enhances the process of digital filmmaking, available on both Macintosh and Windows platforms. PowerProduction Software is located in Los Gatos, CA.