Capacity for Learning
According to contemporary psychology, all human beings have a natural tendency toward and an inherent capacity for learning.
Jobs and careers that support and develop these tendencies attract and retain a better motivational group of employees.
Personal development encourages you to make responsible choices for your future. It gives you a feeling of self-mastering over your life. It puts you in charge of your job, career and future work opportunities.
- Self-development appeals to adult learners because:
- It centers around problem-solving skills rather than just job content.
- It requires the active participation of the learner.
- The evaluation is conducted by the learner in con- junction with the trainers or educators.
- The focus is on a collaborative nature rather than a directed one.
- The self-development process is a continuous one rather than a discrete one that terminates with the passing of an examination.
- Learning is seen as a journey, not a destination; it’s a process, not an event.